Moving to Canada as a pharmacist - What you need to know - IMMPROVED

Moving to Canada as a pharmacist – What you need to know

Are you a pharmacist, and you’re looking for ways to grow your career and earn more? If you don’t mind moving to another country to fulfil your career goals, then you’re in luck! Canada is one of the countries that are looking for pharmacists. If you’re qualified, you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa with or without a job offer. It’s because pharmacists are in demand right now.

Know the immigration code

Before you apply for a visa as a pharmacist to Canada, you need to know the immigration code for that job first. This is because every occupation on the Canada NOC (National Occupation Code) demand list comes with an immigration code, which is for people outside the country.

The code for pharmacists is 3131, also known as the NOC Code for Industrial Pharmacists.

A job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to access the Express Entry process, but you have other options to get a Canadian Visa, too.

Pharmacists are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program due to the high demand for pharmacists in the country. Therefore, the government has included the job on the targeted occupations list.

Express entry

Express Entry is not a visa class, but it’s a method that Canadian Immigration uses to choose the right candidates for a permanent residency visa. A pharmacist is eligible to make an Express Entry for Canada Residency as long as they have the right skills, experience, and qualifications in their home country.

Work titles for pharmacists in Canada

Pharmacists who move to Canada to work under NOC category 3131 may be employed under work titles, such as:

  • Clinical pharmacist
  • Community pharmacist
  • Dispensary department supervisor – hospital
  • Druggist
  • Drug information pharmacist
  • Health care institution pharmacist
  • Hospital druggist
  • Industrial pharmacist
  • Intern pharmacist
  • Pharmacist consultant
  • Registered pharmacist
  • Retail pharmacist

How to move to Canada as a pharmacist

First off, you need a university degree in pharmacy and a period of supervised practical training. You will also need a license in all provinces and territories for community and hospital pharmacists.

When you have that sorted out, you can start the immigration process by calculating your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry through the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). CRS points are awarded for age, qualifications, English and French abilities, skills, and work experience, among other things.

Your overall immigration points must be at least 67.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you don’t need to have a job offer to move to Canada as a pharmacist as long as you have a good CRS score on your Express Entry application. Of course, a job offer will give you that instant CRS boost of 200 points.

Make the immigration process a lot easier

Indeed, moving to Canada, and other countries can be tricky. The whole immigration process may be challenging, and it’s important you do it right the first time. Knowing what to do if you plan to move to Canada as a pharmacist is crucial, but you should also tap other outside resources to help you throughout the process.

Immproved is a platform that lets users quickly qualify what immigration programs are recommended and what steps they need to take to improve their chances. Qualify today!

Discover your Canadian immigration pathways NOW, for FREE!